Table of Contents
- No International Shipping?
- Helpful Hints For Using Books
- How do I open my downloads?
- How do I open a zipped file?
- Is my I Know My Savior Lives CD expired?
- How do I install the Fonts of the CD I purchased?
- Why won't my links open in my Order Confirmation Email?
No International Shipping?
Due to rising costs and hassle we have to suspend international shipping for all of our books. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are a very small company and it has simply become too much for us to handle.
Pleas Know that we are hard at work in making sure all or our games are available as digital downloads, we are also working on making our book compilations available as digital downloads as well. We recommend that all of our international customers use our fast and easy digital downloads for their primary needs!
Helpful Hints For Using Books
The following basic materials and construction information will be useful In
completing the games and activities in the activity books.
- Copy or mount each page onto a heavier cardstock or poster type material. This will increase the life of your visuals.
- Color using watercolor markers and pastel chalks. The markers give bright, vivid color and the pastels give the softer values you may need with some pictures. Do not use crayons. Sometimes they will melt when laminating and will spread beyond the coloring lines. (We are making all new games and some old games available to download in a colored version ready to print from your computer.)
- Laminate all cards, games and folders. This will prevent anything from smearing or ruining your visual. This will also make your game more durable.
- A fun product called "sticky-back" Velcro can be used on any laminated surface to hold pieces on. This makes the individual games and activities easy to manipulate and play. "Sticky-back" Velcro can be purchased at any fabric or craft store.
- Keep books intact and use 'copies' in creating your designs and
- Use "white out" to remove any unwanted parts of the design or page
- Use glue stick to mount your designs
- Use a fine-tip marker to finish lines or connect designs (to give your
page a completed look)
- Good copies are essential in creating a good project. Make sure your
copies have a good, rich black print.
Q: How do I open my downloads?
A:In October 2011 we changed the file format of the digital downloads so they would be more user-friendly and Mac Compatible. They are now PDF format.
You will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer to Open the files. You can download Adobe Reader for FREE by clicking here.
You no longer need the Finch Family Games Project Browser to view and print your downloads purchased after October 2011.
Q: How do I open a zipped file?
A: Follow the steps below to unzip your files.
- Right Click on the zip file and click on Extract.
- A window will open, click on the Extract button. A folder with the same name, as the zip file will be created in the same location as your zip file.
- Open the folder, if your files you downloaded are Finch Family Games Clip Art you can store these .jpegs anywhere you wish, if your downloads have the file extension .ffg they are games or projects and need
to be moved into the Color or BW folder as explained above in order to be viewed and printed by the Finch Family Games Project Browser. See above for help moving these files.
Q: I purchased a "I KNOW MY SAVIOR LIVES" Book + CD when I try to install it I recieve an error message "Unregestered Version! Trial period expired1" Is my CD defective?
A: Unfortunately we did not catch this problem before we published and distributed many of these CD's, however, your CD does work and you can use it by following the directions below:
- Place CD into drive. A menu will pop up. Please hit EXIT
- Go to your My Computer Icon on your desktop. Right click on your CD drive and hit "Explore"
- If you want to use the CD, double click on the star icon named FinchGame.exe.
- If you want to install the CD to your computer, double click on the computer/disc icon named Follow_Me.exe. Follow the instructions for installation.
Q: I purchased a Finch Family Games CD. I am able to access the clip art
but I am having trouble with the fonts.
A: Follow these steps:
- Make sure that the font installation box was checked at time of
install. Re-installation may be necessary.
- Restart computer.
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Fonts. Scroll through to make sure
that the name of the Font has been added. If it is not there, the font has not been
- If not, do the following a) insert the disc. click start/run and type in letter of disc drive (d:).
b) go to font file, highlight the font, right click, click copy.
c) repeat step 3. to get into the font file. then right click and paste the
copied font files into the directory.
- Open your word processor (Word or whatever), click on the text type,
scroll down and find the name of the new font added.
Q: Why won't my links open in my Order Confirmation Email?
If you are having troubles opening your download links from your Order Confirmation Email it could be one of the following reasons below:
- Your links have expired. The links in your emails are set to expire after 72 hours from the time the email is sent to you. If you don't get around to downloading your projects during this time they will expire. We are happy to send you the email again with fresh links. Please Contact Us and be sure to include your Order Confirmation Number.
- Your email client is not allowing you to open attachments or links for your protection from potential risks. You might be given a message across the top of your email with an "Options" link. Click on "Options" and choose "Allow" or "Download".
If this doesn't help try to Right Click on the link and choose to Open Link in New Window.
- If you use Windows Live Mail then it is possible that your links are being blocked for your protection. You can change the Security Settings in your Email by following the instructions at the links below:
Support for Windows Mail Click on "To enable access to blocked attachments" and follow the instructions.
- If none of these work or apply to your situation. Please Contact Us.
Hopefully these will answer most of your questions. If you are still having problems or if you have other questions please email email@example.com or contact us through the Contact Us link.